Apply for waste management licence


Individuals or companies can request for a license to recycle, treat or dispose general waste. General waste includes paper, cardboard, plastic, cans, glass, etc. This excludes hazardous and medical waste.

​Apply for waste management licences to the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (Pollution and Waste Management Unit ) in terms of the National Environmental Management Waste Act(Act No.59 of 2008).NEMA 2014 EIA Regulations process must be followed by the Applicant and the Environmental Assessment Practitioners(see attached Licensing process )

How to Apply

Complete an application form for waste management licence .

Download application form​

Where to apply

SUE Administratoint

Department of Agriculture and Rural Development 

Ground Floor

56 Eloff Street Umnotho House





Email: wastemanagementenquiries@gauteng.gov.za

Available Services

Check application status

Over Phone

Submit application

In Person

Related Services

No Related Services