Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all no-fee paying, School Support Intervention Programme (SSIP) and Learners with Special Education Need (LSEN) government schools in Gauteng qualify for a bursary to study at a recognised Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Learners can apply for bursaries to further their studies from the Gauteng Department of Education's strategic partners.
The TVET bursaries targets learners who have completed Grade 09 – 12 and learners between the ages of 16 to 35 in technical schools who want to pursue vocational studies at Gauteng TVET Public Colleges.
You are encouraged to apply for additional funding (top up sponsorship) should your annual fees exceed the maximum amount awarded to you by the Gauteng City Region (GCRA).
The bursary allocation includes registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed books to the maximum bursary as approved by the Gauteng Department of Education.
- Learners should have already applied and been accepted at an institution for post school studies to qualify for a bursary
- Learners attending at Higher Education Institution (HEI) are expected to do 40 hours of community service from their 1st year of study until completion
The following documentation should be provided by the learner-
- Certified copy of your identity document
- Certified copy of your Grade 12/highest qualification results
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Institution
6 Hollard Srteet, Johannesburg Marshalltown Department of Education Head office
The Gauteng City Region Academy in the Department of Education will provide application forms.
Switchboard: 011 355 0000
Toll-free: 0800 000 789