Learners can apply for a re-issue of a matric certificate where there are administrative errors.
A request for a re-issue will be considered in cases where there is sufficient proof that the mistake on the certificate, either with regard to a subject mark, subject choice or a change in result, or some aspect of the personal details, is incorrect because of a registration error by the school or department.
Who can apply?
Learners who have written matric exams.
How to apply?
- Apply within the six-month period after certification (first issue), but not later than a year after the last examination.
- To rectify the error on your matric certificate, learners must apply at:
- Gauteng Department of Education Head Office or District offices by completing the Re-issue Application Form; or
- Apply online for the service at www.eservices.gov.za. Learners need to first register as users on the e-Government Portal (ww.eservices.gov.za) before they can apply online.
- Officials from the Department will interview the learner before making any amendments.
- It takes four to six weeks to re-issue a certificate.
- Your original national/senior certificate and a certified copy
- Identity document (ID) and a certified copy of your ID
- A detailed affidavit stating the reasons for the alteration
- Confirmation letter from the Department of Home Affairs
- Birth certificate. If you don’t have a birth certificate you must bring a clinic card, baptismal certificate, or school report that states your name and date of birth.
Where to apply?
Learners may go to the Gauteng Department of Education and Districts Offices or
Switchboard: 011 355 0000
Toll-free: 0800 000 789