A bookmakers licence is a licence obtained to conduct the business of a bookmaker.
Who can apply?
A person wanting to operate as a bookmaker may apply for a bookmaker licence, with exception to the disqualifying factors made in section 30 of theGauteng Gambling Act, 1995 (Act No. 4 of 1995) .
No person may make an application for a bookmaker licence unless the application is lodged pursuant to, and in accordance with, a notice inviting applications which has been published by the Gauteng Gambling Board in the Provincial Gazette.
Applications are currently closed.
How to apply?
The application must be submitted as follows:
- One (1) original application,
- Two (2) copies of the original application (bound),
- Two (2) public copies of the application marked as such ( with a letter reflecting the excluded confidential information in terms of the Gauteng Gambling Act,
- The application must be advertised accordingly in the provincial gazette and as well as a newspaper circulating in the district in which the premises to which the application is situated.
The application must be submitted in the following format and sequence:
- The application may be submitted in your own reproduction provided that the content is exactly the same as contained herein,
- Any reproduction and all accompaniments must be on standard A4 size paper.
The application must be filed in the following sequence:
- Section 38 consent application,
- Copies of advertisements required by Section 20 of the Act (in the format as attached hereto as Annexure A),
- Copy of legal instruments giving effect to the acquisition of interest,
- Relevant declaration and release authorisation by the applicant; and, if a company, the required personal declarations, and personal release authorisations relevant to the applicant company only,
- Company declarations and release authorisations for companies together with the required personal declarations and release authorisations in respect thereof.
The following should accompany this application:
- Company Declaration and Company Release Authorisation
- Personal Declaration and Personal Release Authorisation.
The following should accompany this declaration:
- Original application
- Copy of original application
- Original fingerprints (Elicit Activity Report) – Police clearance certificate/ Criminal Record Check
- Copy of Identity Document or Passport certified by SAPS
- Copy of Work Permit and Criminal Clearance in respect of foreign applicants
- Copies of Tax Returns (excluding supporting schedules) and the assessments of the individual for the most recent three years
- Copies of the VAT Returns and assessments if applicable of the individual
- Two recent passport- sized photographs signed and dated at the back by the individual
NOTE: The Board may in writing require additional information during the investigation process
Application fee: R2 780 (key employee) and R690 (other),
Licence fee: R14 520
Gauteng Gambling Act, 1995 (Act No. 4 of 1995) Gauteng Gambling Rules
Gauteng Gambling Regulations
Gauteng Gambling Board
South African Responsible Gambling Foundation