Who can apply?
The Gauteng Enterprise Propeller (GEP) offers financial and non-financial support to qualifying Small, Medium and Micro
Enterprises (SMMEs) and Co-operatives.
Our financial support offerings include:
- Start-up Finance -- the programme is dedicated to helping SMMEs and co-operatives to secure the finances they need to jump start your business,
- Contract Finance -- a type of loan that caters for entrepreneurs and SMMEs who secure contracts from government departments, public entities and private sector companies,
- Growth Finance -- a programme that assists viable existing businesses looking to expand their operations by securing additional capital,
- Franchise Finance -- which assists with funding for the acquisition of a new or existing franchise, as well as the much needed working capital,
- Micro-finance -- the loan programme offers co-operatives and small businesses, access to much needed finance. The programme is specifically geared towards start-ups and existing businesses who demonstrate growth potential and contribute to the broader economic objective of job creation and poverty eradication.
To be considered for financial support, businesses need to submit:
- All the standard mandatory documents such as the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) registration; tax clearance; Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA) requirements; company profiles and management profiles,
- A business plan (GEP will assist in the development where applicable within GEP’s qualification processes) where funding is for start-up, expansion and franchise purposes.
For a contract finance, a business plan is not required. The viability assessment of contract financing is based on the actual contract or purchase order. Business plans are not required for micro-finance applications below R50 000.
All products under financial support will be assessed and funded based on assessment report.
How to apply?
Financial Application Form
Gauteng Enterprise Propeller Act, 2005 (Act No. 5 of 2005)
Gauteng Township Economy Revitalisation-Strategy: 2014-2019
Gauteng Enterprise Propeller (GEP)
The Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)
The South African Revenue Service (SARS)
The Central Supplier Database