A casino licence is a licence obtained to operate a casino. “Casino" means premises where casino games are played for money or other valuable consideration gambled on the possibility of winning a prize.
Who can apply?
A person or business wanting to operate a casino may apply for a casino licence, with exception to the disqualifying factors made in section 30 of the Gauteng Gambling Act, 1995 (Act No. 4 of 1995).
No person may make an application for a casino licence unless the application is lodged pursuant to and in accordance with a notice inviting applications which has been published by the Gauteng Gambling Board in the Provincial Gazette.
Applications are currently closed.
How to apply?
The application must be filed in the following sequence:
- Section 38 consent application,
- Copies of advertisements required by Section 20 of the Act (in the format as attached hereto as Annexure A),
- Copy of legal instruments giving effect to the acquisition of interest,
- Relevant declaration and release authorisation by the applicant; and, if a company, the required personal declarations, and personal release authorisations relevant to the applicant company only,
- Company declarations and release authorisations for companies together with the required personal declarations and release authorizations in respect thereof.
The following should accompany this application:
- Company Declaration and Company Release Authorization,
- Personal Declaration and Personal Release Authorisation,
- Original application,
- Copy of original application,
- Original fingerprints (Elicit Activity Report) – Police clearance certificate/ Criminal Record Check,
- Copy of Identity Document or Passport certified by SAPS
- Copy of Work Permit and Criminal Clearance in respect of foreign applicants,
- Copies of Tax Returns (excluding supporting schedules) and the assessments of the individual for the most recent three years,
- Copies of the VAT Returns and assessments if applicable of the individual,
- Two recent passport- sized photographs signed and dated at the back by the individual.
NOTE: The Board may in writing require additional information during the investigation process.
Application fee: R2 780 (key employee) and R690 (other)
Licence fee: R1 447 110
Gauteng Gambling Act, 1995 (Act No. 4 of 1995)
Gauteng Gambling Rules
Gauteng Gambling Regulations