The Economic Planning Unit at the Gauteng Department of Economic Development exists to provide thought leadership required for strategic decision-making and the overall economic transformation and re-industrialisation for the Gauteng province.
Who are we?
The Economic Planning Unit exists to provide the thought leadership required for strategic decision-making and the overall economic transformation and re-industrialisation for the Gauteng province.
What we do?
Policy and Planning, the functions of which include the:
- Identification of areas requiring enhanced coherence and alignment as well as policy gaps and emphasis,
- Evaluation of policies and strategies that can lead to sustainable, shared and faster economic growth, and
- Identification of critical interventions that will enable Gauteng province to accelerate the implementation and realise its policy objectives.
Research and Knowledge Management, which include:
- On-going economic reviews and provision of insights on the provincial economic landscape,
- Intelligence reports for decision-making,
- Economic data and information relevant to Economic Development and growth, and
- Knowledge management.
- Coordinating and facilitating the implementation of employment initiatives and programmes in the province