Immunisation is an important method of disease prevention. it is important to immunise the baby because it prevents the spread of disease and protects infants and toddlers against dangerous complications
Importance of Immunisation for babies:
- It is the responsibility of every parent to make sure that their children are immunised to prolong their lives.
- Children need to be vaccinated in order to protect them from certain infectious diseases. It is important for your child to have all the vaccinations on time to be fully protected from all preventable diseases.
- Vaccinations prevent the spread of disease within the community.
- These vaccinations are free at your local clinic.
At the clinic, the nurse will:
- Give you the Road to Health Booklet for your child with an important immunisation schedule
- Monitor the growth of the child by taking the weight and height.
- Administer Vitamin A supplementation every 6 months
- Administer deworming at scheduled periods